Insuring your car - Knock-for-knock

There is an agreement, known as knock-for-knock, which ensures that your insurance company pays for, the repair of your car after an accident, while the other drivers insurance company pays for his.

Without knock-for-knock, the price of car insurance would probably be higher, because it permits claims to be settled easily and quickly without haggling or litigation between the two companies.

But drivers quite naturally fear that they will lose their no-claims bonuses if their claim is settled in this way.

Such a penalty, however, is not automatic and the company will not reduce the no-claims bonus, if it believes that it could have got the money from the other insurer had the agreement not been in force, in other words if it is clear you were not guilty. About 60 %of drivers do lose all or part of the bonus but the other 40 %keep it.


Knock-for-knock

Payroll Giving
It’s all very easy to organise.
Just ask the Personnel or the Payroll Department at your company and, if they already have a scheme, they will give you the relevant forms.  HM Revenue & Customs’ website has a list of Payroll Giving agencies and explains payroll giving in more detail.

Salon Gold Insurance

Cheaper Insurance for Salons, Freelance Hair and Beauty, and Mobile Businesses - click here

read on: Insuring your car - Drink and driving.

There is an agreement, known as knock-for-knock, which ensures that your insurance company pays for, the repair of your car after an accident, while the other drivers insurance company pays for his.

Without knock-for-knock, the price of car insurance would probably be higher, because it permits claims to be settled easily and quickly without haggling or litigation between the two companies.

But drivers quite naturally fear that they will lose their no-claims bonuses if their claim is settled in this way.

Such a penalty, however, is not automatic and the company will... see: Insuring your car - Drink and driving.